Post the success of the very first cohort of the Founders’ Fellowship Edition that was launched in October 2019, Turbostart opens registrations for its second edition from August 15, 2020 to September 30, 2020
Mumbai, India: Turbostart, a leading sector-agnostic pan-India business acceleration platform that enables start-ups across the country to turn their budding ideas into functioning enterprises, has announced the launch of their second edition of the Founders’ Fellowship programme set to go live on 15th August 2020. The top 25 most promising start-ups stand a chance to win up to INR 2 crore each in funding and Turbostart will also aid them in business model validation, product strategy and positioning, market support, Product-Market fit, technology, architecture, scalability, access to customers and more.
The programme that is conducted bi-yearly invites early-age start-ups who are looking for funding to kick-start their businesses coupled with all-encompassing mentorship.
Winners will also receive mentorship by industry stalwarts who are a part of the Advisory, Investment and Governance boards of Turbostart like:
1. Alok Sinha, MD, Frauscher Sensor Technology;
2. Aniruddha Ganguly, Management consultant and Leadership coach, ex-Executive Director, GMR Group;
3. Dr. Vivek Mansingh, General Partner, YourNest VC Fund;
4. G S Krishnan, Ex-Regional President/ MD, Novozymes;
5. K Ullas Kamath, Joint MD, Jyothy Laboratories;
6. Kalyani Devaraj, Co-Founder, CarexTech Inc;
7. Mohan Manthena, MD, SRK Infra Projects;
8. Muralidhara Chandrasekharamurthy, Partner, Murali & Co;
9. Narayanrao Ramaswami, Ex-MD Siemens;
10. Nirankar Saxena, Hon Deputy Secretary-General, FICCI;
11. R Natarajan, Co-Founder, Foundation Partners;
12. Shivkumar Janardhanan, Ex-CEO, Essilor Group (India and South Asia);
13. Sri. K. Jairaj, Retd, Additional Chief Secretary, GoK;
14. Sunil Bhumralkar, Ex-Partner, Ernst & Young;
15. Sunil Rao, Country Head – Corporate Business Development, Amazon;
16. Venkat Raju, Angel and Silicon Valley Entrepreneur;
17. Vish Sathappan, Director, Times of India Group – Brand Capital, India.
Talking about the programme, Ganesh Raju, Founder and CEO, Turbostart said “The overwhelming success of our first Founders’ Fellowship Edition hosted last year has given the Turbostart Team an incredible impetus to bring back the programme, despite the pandemic being in play. We received over 1000 applicants from over 30 countries globally and 300 cities, including start-ups from different sectors like EdTech, HealthTech, IoT, and others during last year’s programme. Taking into account the current dynamic situation of the start-up ecosystem, funding has become even more challenging. Through the Turbostart Cohort programme, we aim to provide a recognized platform for budding start-ups and provide them with not only funding, but also encompassed guidance from industry stalwarts and advisors, which will help them kick-start their operations efficiently. We invite startups across the globe to showcase their concepts and business models so they can be future-ready and scale up their visions with Turbostart.”
During the course of the application process, candidates will go through a multi-stage evaluation process by Turbostart’s experienced analytical team, followed by further evaluation from relevant sector specialists within their network. Turbostart will finally identify the most promising start-ups with the help of its Investment Committee, reward them and create an assured path for success.
Turbostart aims to create synergies and put the country’s best entrepreneurs under the spotlight by acting as a transformative force for budding entrepreneurs.
Sign up at www.turbostart.co to be a part of one of the largest business acceleration programmes and work with some of the sharpest minds guiding start-ups today.
Turbostart is a sector agnostic, pan-India business acceleration platform that will unearth the 25 most promising start-ups, twice a year.